Mi diario y viajes

viernes, 15 de abril de 2016

Eduardo Avaroa - Andean Fauna National Reserve

Those who have been there could give me a credit to say that this place is a paradise on the earth. It´s the largest protected area in terms of tourist inflow in the department of Potosi, in Bolivia. It´s located at an altitude between 4200 and 5400 meters. The weather in winter is dry (may to august) and with rain during the summer (december to april).


I was there 3 months ago while I was visiting the Salt flats of Uyuni in Bolivia. It´s amazing the quality of landscapes in this Natural Reserve. It was cold on january but it was worth it withstand cold. Everything my eyes saw were remarkably beautiful.
Thus, we encounter beautiful flamingos. The fauna is characterized by the presence of unique species adapted to the extreme conditions of life of the region, some of them in danger of extinction.


The three species of flamingos (Andean, Chilean and James) are the animals that give peculiarity to the Reserve. I had never seen flamingos in my life, not in my country. But an infinite number of colors in the landscapes since my last trip in the Nor Yauyos Cochas, Junín. Flamingos are beautiful birds, there are various colors and sizes. They are social animals, they form colonies or flocks to perform all activities: reproduction, defense against predators, foraging and nesting sites.


Flamingos have the plumage of these tones according to their feeding. Their plumage takes pink, red or orange color as a result of carotenoids found in the food they eat. SERNANP is also the entity responsible for the care of this reserve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WzRBS5Act0
     

You can also stay in the hotel built in the middle of the Reserve. I would have liked to see more the inside but I only had access a few minutes at room star, but the little I saw very impressed me. Rustic and place materials are used and the spaces have pictures that give a picturesque touch of Bolivia as part of its interior design. The overnight stay costs between $ 300 to $ 500. It has an ecological bathroom and wifi captured by an antenna, but you have to pay 20 bolivianos for 10 minutes of internet, too expensive in my opinion.



Eduardo Avaroa has a desert area formed by large rocks with strange shape. El árbol de piedra: A stone tree made of this material that has this peculiar form. In addition 3 beautiful lakes of different colors formed by the rains of the summers. They distanced each other, ideal habitat for flamingos. We also found gulls and other birds. It was the third day of the expedition and for being the last in the Salt Flats of Uyuni I wanted to never end. I keep thinking about the connection between the creative mind and to see the landscapes. This trip was really inspiring ♥♥♥♥♥


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario